This episode is mostly about how to play Android: Netrunner. It features our one-time general overview of the basic rules.
We acknowledge that some listeners are already avid players of A:NR and are in no need of rules description, but we try and keep it casual and interesting anyway.
In order to keep the pacing of this episode up, it’s been heavily edited, and sometimes it seems a bit rough cut. It’s for the best, and we hope to get better with recording and editing over time.
We’ll follow up very soon with episode 3 wherein we’ll get into card analysis. Stay tuned!
- Hello from Jason and Travis
- How’s podcast life?
- Acknowledgement of Agenda7
- Started reading Burning Chrome by William Gibson
- Origin of the banner image with our faces
- James Kull shared an essay about “netrunning”
- Travis’s news
- Plasma jets on Kickstarter
- Rules description
- Corporation play area – central servers – R&D, HQ, archives – remote servers
- Runner play area – stack, grip, heap, rig
- Corporation card types – IDs, operations, agendas, ice, upgrades, assets
- Runner card types – IDs, hardware, resources, programs, events
- Corporation turn – Draw phase, Action phase, Discard phase
- Runner turn – Action phase, Discard phase
- Description of a run – initiation phase, confrontation phase, access phase
- Other rules – traces, tags, damage
- Victory conditions – 7 points wins, Corp: R&D depletion loses, Runner: flatline loses
- Contact info
Contact info and other sites: